Monday, December 10, 2012

CookBook

Today, while talking to my sister-in-law, we talked about: how her fiance (who lives in England) may not even be getting his visa in time to make their tentative wedding date in California. How we're all going to have to save really hard to make our tentative Africa and Europe trip happen next October. How she needs to learn to cook well, but lacks time and energy, and non-complicated recipes (all the very important motivating factors) and so she therefore hasn't been practicing very much, but hopes it will come to her once they are married, because she wants him to eat well. Also, because then they wont have an 8 hours time difference, and have the impossible communicating schedule like they do now, which is half the reason I imagine she is tired, and lacking energy, on top of her having a job, and sharing in the full time ministry work!

Mind you, we didn't talk only of all the stressful things... but I could totally relate when talking about finances and cooking, because I am married, and work, as does my husband. We have bills, as well as desire to travel. But how do we do it all?

Most often, we don't. We compromise, or forego what things we really want sometimes. But that is life.

However, I wanted to come up with some ways that I might be able help alleviate some stress that many couples have at the start of a marriage, so, this gave me a good idea that I could make them a cookbook as part of their wedding gift, full of all of my tested and true, simple, not so time consuming recipes by going on Blurb.

In the starts of my researching the best way to go about this, and getting ideas from other people online who have done this, I came across this hilarious blog that someone wrote, basically mocking all of the people who for some odd reason feel the desire to post photos of all of their meals, or any sort of food/drink intake they have throughout their day. And these aren't the people who are traveling the world, eating exotic foods, at a fancy boutique or cafe that you would never find anywhere else. THAT would be okay...

And so I felt the need to share. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment