Friday, September 21, 2012

How 'bout dem apples?

This past week, we had dinner with some friends. And naturally, I asked what I could bring, or what I could do to help or contribute in some way. I was asked to bring dessert... and then discovered that I don't actually have any recipes for desserts because that's one thing Josh and I do not eat much- of sweets. So, there I was, just a couple of hours before dinner scrounging through cupboards, looking through cook books, and picking my own brain to come up with something good. *sigh*

Here's what I ended up making:

Hazelnut Fuji Apples!

What you need:

Apples (your favorite kind)
Brown sugar
Hazelnut liqueur (or for the non-alcoholic fans, hazelnuts would work well)
Ice cream (once again your favorite kind. I used coconut pineapple and boy was it something delightful)
Toppings (I prefer nuts)
Honey

What to do with the things you need:

1) Preheat oven to 350° (I failed to mention ''oven'' in the things you need. I'll assume you already have one, though)

2) Core the apples, but make sure you don't core all the way through to the bottom of the apple, or else all of your toppings will fall through and the flavors won't be held in the baking process

3) Rub brown sugar into the inside perimeter of the cored apples. Then drizzle some of the hazelnut liqueur inside, allowing it to pool.

4) Place apples into a baking dish, and then into the oven. Allow them to bake approximately 1 hour (until soft but not mushy)

5) Allow apples to cool. Then proceed to fill with ice cream. Top with toppings. Drizzle with honey.

6) Eat, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment