Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Hatch Hotel

It's been a few days... I know.

Josh and I along with another couple are going to be making a trip to Isla Mujeres, Mexico in about two weeks! Kind of as the first part of our anniversary vacation. It will be a nice relaxing vacation... with not all that much to do, other than lay in the sun, enjoy the endless booze fountains, and maybe do a few water activities.

The hotel we booked is of course, an all inclusive. So I am sure that I will be coming back you know... 10 pounds or more heavy. Anywho, I am excited about this for several reasons- beach, sun, heat, drinking, friends, ocean, and a jacuzzi on our balcony!! That's right, a balcony jacuzzi, overlooking the beach. It's gonna be awesome! But, to have that perk, it cost an extra little pretty penny. And why wouldn't it?

This takes me to the part where I explain that on vacation, when it comes to where I sleep it has to be very clean, pretty, have good eats, good drinks, a very very very comfortable bed, nice bathroom, and all that good stuff. Because I feel like if I am going somewhere for as long as a week, it needs to be worth leaving my cozy home for. I guess the location itself typically is why we would leave, but why shouldn't the hotel be at the same level?

Fortunate for us, we are good deal hunters so we almost always find super sweet hotels for inexpensive prices- because probably these places realize that they are too over priced and aren't getting the business they'd like, so they run a deal to draw people. I bite!

Josh, on the other hand, could definitely be good with anything that's cheapish. The cheaper the better for him. He can do hostels, tent sleeping...without an air mattress. You get the point.

So I am trying to stop being so particular and needy, and meet him somewhere in the middle.

The second half of our trip, though, is Josh and Me doing a road trip from home, to Boston where we will stay for a couple of days, and then heading up the coast into Maine. We (as of yet) have not booked any hotels and really have no idea as to what we are going to be doing, where we are going to be staying, etc. So when I was thinking about this, I had a pretty little lightbulb pop up! And thought to myself, "we could save some money and still have a cool place to stay if we slept in the hatch of our car for a very small portion of this trip!" We measured, and basically we could fit either one twin size mattress in there to sleep on, or we could fit two of those little camping pads.

I gotta start somewhere, right?

I could make it really nice, and hang up some sheets to cover all of the windows at night. But, then I came to realize that there is no solution to our not having a shower problem if we do this. Well, I guess we will figure it out?

You only live once!

No comments:

Post a Comment