Monday, September 3, 2012

Why don't you try it?- First Edition

So, this is a blog that I really enjoy reading! She has so many amazing and creative ideas, and she does an amazing job at making her instructions easy to follow. Her tutorials are filled with detailed direction and pictures of each and every step to a project.

Just to show you... I am a beginner at sewing, sewing machines, and the two together, but for my very FIRST project, I decided I would test the waters with a pretty hard project - outdoor patio furniture cushions for my mom! They weren't a joke... they had piping which meant like, quadruple the seams they normally would have had, which meant more calculations and more materials to potentially cause a disaster! But I was determined that I could follow her extremely simple tutorial on how to make a bench cushion.

Here are the results of the chair cushions I made using the same measurement system:


Trust me, if I can do it, you definitely can too! 

If you're like me, and you have a desire to create or start creating, the best way to do it is to just do it! Get your hands dirty... come up with an idea and just try your best. If it doesn't turn out, how much are you really out? 

This brings us to my first ''Why don't you try it?''! 

I want you to find something to recreate, up cycle, build, refinish, or do anything to. Then I want you to tell us what you made and show us how you did it! From start to finish take a lot of pictures. We'd love to see your creation! 

And for any who have done this before or been doing this, prettyhandygirl has an awesome way for you to get noticed and to inspire others to get creative. 

Have fun, and go do something!

No comments:

Post a Comment